Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Artificial Intelligence in NPC's

So, I came up with a cool idea to write some sort of training PK bots.

The concept is pretty much artificially intelligent NPC's that act like player characters.

The usage of such 'smart npcs' wouldn't be limited to just pvp though, it has a wide range of applications.

What do u guys think would be the most awesome way to implement this new technology?

(preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-6i_JWA8_A)

Interesting, would love this so much! :D

If these bots would spawn randomly in wilderness would be dope

People could go in wilderness and try to kill these, would increase wilderness activity, awesome content IMO.

Or wave kind of minigame would be cool as well ;)

E.G.

wave 1 rune pker

Wave 2 dharok pker

Wave 3 Vesta pker

Wave 4 torva pker

Wave 5 Divine pker

Wave 6 x2 rune pkers

and on.. :)

Awesome! I could see these being used in a minigame of some sorts, where they become stronger and stronger/better geared as you progress!

Maybe you could summon them for a fee and have a chance of getting some loot? albeit small chance or a high fee? 
Pk achieves pl0x

So, I came up with a cool idea to write some sort of training PK bots.

The concept is pretty much artificially intelligent NPC's that act like player characters.

The usage of such 'smart npcs' wouldn't be limited to just pvp though, it has a wide range of applications.

What do u guys think would be the most awesome way to implement this new technology?

(preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-6i_JWA8_A)

Is this NPC able to drop the items it is wearing? 

If it does. Than do not add it, otherwise i love the idea and you should add it.

Keep up the good work! 

@ Kind Regards,

Elephant.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PEOPLE DON"T BE FOOLS!!!!!! DON"T LET ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TO CONQUER WORLD!!!!!!!!!! 

THEY WILL TAKE YOUR JOBS!!! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR WIVES!!! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR HUSBANDS!!!!!!!!

RIOT AGAINST COMPUTERS!!!!!!!!! THINK YOUR OWN HEAD!!!!!!!!!!

Not bad idea, just no item drops and pk points for killing them, item loose would be good

I quite like the idea of leaving these roaming the wildy, maybe even when logged out. Then we can receive rewards/points while offline, and wildy would look really busy! Maybe have a reward for killing an AI, then for every 5 get bonus or something. 

EDIT: Also perhaps let us gear our AIs. Good money sink if you want to get two gears etc.

EDIT 2: I also like the idea of using them for a Kingdom of Miscellania type thing. A good money sink would be to pay to rent an AI or two, one could pk with us (or pk for us) and the other could chop trees and bank them.