Sign in to follow this  
Prophet

Our Merge with Gielinor.org

Hey everyone, 

Today Stan and I, and the rest of the RuneWorld team are coming to all of you with a really big and exciting announcement.

The management team at RuneWorld have noticed a slight dip in player activity for a small while now. We’ve been looking for a way to remedy this and have found a brilliant solution. We are intending to merge with another server, https://www.gielinor.org.

RuneWorld staff have already been informed of this merge and are already hanging out with the existing community at Gielinor. As such, you’ll see lots of friendly faces there. Stan will be a developer there, I will be the community manager and Digimon will be an in-game moderator. Gielinor is a slightly different server to RuneWorld, but not by much. It shares the same values of excellence and refined content, as well as a desire to establish a long-running and enjoyable community, just as we have worked to try and achieve here at RuneWorld. They are a PvM based server, however they do have an active PVP community, as well as plenty of room for clans, which should be a bonus for most of you who have always been eager to have an active PK community! Overall, Gielinor is a well-rounded server that loads the OSRS protocol. It’s got hundreds if not thousands of hours of content already waiting to be played.

Gielinor is currently in an ALPHA stage. This means players are allowed to play, however it is not yet a reflection of the finished product. Gielinor aims to enter its BETA phase very soon, and this will be when existing community members will be encouraged to get online and test. After the BETA phase is complete, the server will reset and release. Rewards will of course be handed out to those who participate in the BETA, and we’re hoping everyone from RuneWorld will help us out with this!

Furthermore, all RuneWorld members will get to choose from four EXCLUSIVE in-game titles to show off that they were a RuneWorld member. Your accounts will unfortunately be reset however this is to ensure a sustainable economy is formed from release. Gielinor is not a remake server so you won’t need to worry about spending months upon months to get a level 99.

Regarding donators, we’ve come up with what we think is a fair way of doing things. It’s very difficult to transfer donations as it could quite easily ruin the economy before the server has released, which will result in no players and thus a complete failure. Stan and I spent days working with the Management at Gielinor to try and achieve a fair transition for both parties. Stan and I love this community and everything you guys have helped us achieve, and appreciate the support RuneWorld donators have given us, and as such have made sure to compensate them fairly in the merge. The details for that can be found below. Only donators that have been active in the last four weeks on RuneWorld will receive the below compensation.

Bronze & Silver donators will receive Sapphire Member on release.

Gold donators will receive Emerald Member on release.

Platinum Donators will receive Ruby Member on release.

Diamond Donators will receive Diamond Member on release.

Ruby Members will receive Onyx Member on release.

(Details on these ranks in links below)

Naturally, you will receive all the perks of these ranks, and Gielinor’s membership system provides lots of great perks for you to enjoy.

To redeem your rank, we will provide 2 months for you to come in-game on Gielinor and speak to myself. Once you’ve done this I’ll double check your previous rank and give you your new one. Easy!

The details of what will happen to RuneWorld are shown below.

The game server will remain online throughout January. There will be a message upon login informing you of the merge and reminding you to go sign up at Gielinor. There will also be notifications on the website stating this, too. At the end of January, the game server will be switched offline. The website will remain online until halfway through February, where all pages will then redirect to Gielinor. Things will run as normal until the official Beta is ready at Gielinor, at which time we will probably open up the server to allow you guys to spawn etc. on the server to have some fun as a final hurrah!

We realize that merging communities can be a trying process. We only hope that our community can look forward to the massive and immense future we have ahead of us with Gielinor. We want you to remember that just because you will be playing a server under a different name, who we are and the community that has been formed on this great server, will not change. Our friendship circles will grow and we will get to experience new heights among new friends. This merge marks a step forward for both communities and another stride towards excellence. Walk with us towards this new and bright future.

Important Links:
Gielinor Signup Link - https://gielinor.org/community/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=register
Gielinor Forum -  https://gielinor.org/community
Rune-Server Gielinor Project Thread - https://www.rune-server.ee/runescape-development/rs2-server/projects/660375-gielinor-endless-content-unparalleled-enjoyment-latest-update-16-12-17-a.html
Gielinor Discord Link - https://discord.gg/eBXgHyj

Thank you,

RuneWorld Management

I'm gone for less than a month and my favorite server comes to an end - I'm so heartbroken i.i

I'll make sure to give Gielinor a try though - the community was the best part of Runeworld, so I'm sure we can make a new home together at Gielinor. 

Thank you for the wonderful memories, Friends! I signed up and look forward to starting anew with you all.