Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Merge with Arcane RSPS!

Arcane players, continue right where you left off: 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dbky9oqww8ixrp6/launcher.jar?dl=0

To RuneWorld players

I was contacted a couple of days ago with a request by Matt if I could help him out, Arcane was experiencing a series of DDOS attacks. The host was incapable of protecting his clients from the attacks so I offered to temporarily host Arcane on a spare dedicated server I had left. 

Unfortunately, Matt discovered that his partner was hiding donations that were coming in. When his partner found out that Matt knew about his actions, he Ip banned both matt and some of the staff that were on his side. 

Now his partner decided to redirect the client to a new server because he doesn't have access to the source nor the player files. He doesn't have access because they are on my dedicated server which he doesn't have the credentials for. 

The source they're using is the same one that we originally started with. This is what made me think of merging their player base directly into our economy, the server is relatively young so it wouldn't hurt our established economy. It would be like 40 old players logging back into their week-old account.

I did a careful scan of the player files to see how much it would affect our economy exactly so I am not pulling this out of the hat. 

To Arcane players

Welcome to RuneWorld, some of you are familiar with us already. To those who are not, we're basically the same as Arcane (base-wise) but we're much more at the same time. We have fully working zulrah, ganodermic beast, forgotten king (Custom boss), lavatic items (cool weapons with lava texture), champions guild (awesome FFA minigame!), we have artificially intelligent pk bots (coming out real soon) and so much more.

You will keep your account, thus you start in RuneWorld exactly where you left off in Arcane. if you already played RuneWorld before and use the same username as you do on Arcane, please pm me as it will probably be overridden.

You might have some questions considering this decision. Why doesn't Matt start the server on his own and find a new developer?
His partner has full control over the domain name and the website. Matt would have to rebrand the server, get new hosting, a new developer, new web hosting, new graphics, new top-list entries and this would be an extremely timely task. Also, we cannot be sure if his partner put any backdoors in the source that he could exploit. Going for a merge with RuneWorld is the best option to keep the community intact and let it grow at the same time.

To Arcane staff

Staff members from arcane will be demoted, this is because our server has an established staff team already. Of course being a staff member on arcane increases your odds for getting considered a staff position RuneWorld by some degree. I hope the old staff will respect our decision on this and not feel demotivated by it in any way. 

Welcome to the arcane members! Hope you enjoy your time here, and don't forget to let us know what you would like to see here at our suggestion section!