Sign in to follow this  
Ski11z

Halloween Event!

Hey guys Halloween is just around the corner and i shouldve suggested this a tad bit sooner. I have a few suggestions i think everyone would like for an event. Lets get started.

1. Monster/Boss - In this one i think making a monster or boss drop a certain item like candy. Make it drop x amount of candy each kill for example - common drop = 1-3 pieces, uncommon 3-6, etc. Make the boss/monster hard but not super hard where people cant do it. Once you figure out what to do then make a custom halloween shop with items that have to do with halloween or items you guys think should be in the shop. For example: scythe, hweens, costums, or maybe some rare weps and armour. I would like to see new items for this event so people actually put an effort into it. Prices can be divided up between whats rare and whats not so rare. Example: scythe 10,000 candys, Blue hween 50,000 candys. This is just an example you set it what you think is fair.
  2. Tasks - For this it is kind of like daily tasks and achievements. But the tasks are unlimited as the event goes on. Each task is different and gives different amounts of rewards. Could include the candy into this one to for reward and also still had a shop. There can be 5 random types of task like easy, medium, hard, extreme, elite. Each level gives more reward. Example - easy 10 candy, medium 20, hard 30, extreme 50, elite 85 something like that. It can be like slayer tasks but with skilling also added into it so you be killing 35 rock crabs for an easy task or killing 7 corp for extreme. Then you can cut 250 logs for easy one or fish 300 rocktails for a hard. You could also make it difficult and not be able to reset your task. But in that case if people have like 48 fishing they shouldnt get a fishing task that they cant do. Might be hard to code i dont know though. 
  3. Just go Easy - Or we can just be plain and simple and do an event such as a hp event, drop party, trivia, hide n seek. But i dont think anyone would want a plain easy thing like that :).

Those are my suggestions you might like them or not like them but just throwing some stuff out there to make people enjoy playing the server! PS - MAYBE THROW SOME OF THE NEW LAVA ITEMS IN THIS EVENT TO GET THEM INGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I like these ideas a lot tbh. It would be a good way to generate some inflow of items, and give everyone an opportunity to obtain them. Plus, given the high "candy" prices of items there wouldn't be so many coming into the economy as to damage it. I'm not entirely sure if the NPC idea could be ready for Halloween, but a similar concept for Christmas would be something I could get behind for sure. We have been trying to think of events, it's just a matter of how long the preparation would take. Awesome ideas though, and at the very least I think something like an HP event should be done to celebrate the holidays (with worthwhile rewards of course) :) 

I love themed events, and Halloween is definitely something we are hoping to do something for. We've already talked about this a bit in the team and it looks like the event (if we get it done in time) will be similar to your first idea, with monsters dropping something that is used for the event.

Halloween is close, though, so don't expect an extravagant event. We're hoping to get started on Christmas further ahead of time to get a sick custom event/quest to release :D 

So keep your eyes out for an announcement soon (hopefully)